Consider how the wildflowers grow....Luke 12:27 NIV
Living small in our 880 square foot cottage and micro farming on approximately an acre of land.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Successful Strawberry Forage


After some pretty strong rains and time delays, I was afraid I missed the peak of the wild strawberries.  I had already gone out for an hour one evening and picked just under a quart.  I was finally able to break free and find an hour back in that horse pasture.  I picked just over a quart for nearly two quarts of delicious wild strawberries total!

The evening was spent hulling my latest forage and laying the tiny berries out on a tray to freeze before transferring to a freezer bag.  I occupied that task by watching BBC's Wartime Farm Episode 1 again.  Now, I'm jealous of the rosehips Ruth and her father found.  Someday, I hope to have grand rosehips.

No comments:

Post a Comment