Consider how the wildflowers grow....Luke 12:27 NIV
Living small in our 880 square foot cottage and micro farming on approximately an acre of land.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Free Frugal Food!

With Spring here, I'm hoping to spend less and less money in the produce department, particularly on greens.  Today, I decided to forage the yard for whatever was edible.

I found dandelion greens, chives and lovage!  


So, I raided the fridge for grape tomatoes, leftover pickled banana peppers, green olives, shredded carrot and shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
I added a little salt and drizzle of olive oil.


Stuffed a pita (actually had enough for two) and enjoyed a fine, flavorful lunch!


We also did some baking today.  Here, my second son is mixing up oatmeal raisin cookies.


I had bananas going soft and black and apples past their prime and getting icky spots.
So, I made a vanilla, cardamom and nutmeg banana bread and a crumb top apple pie.
(Yes, that is my stove top.  I only have a 20" stove/oven unit).

No comments:

Post a Comment