Consider how the wildflowers grow....Luke 12:27 NIV
Living small in our 880 square foot cottage and micro farming on approximately an acre of land.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Recipe Wednesday #7: Squash Smoothie?!


I had a partly eaten banana sitting on the counter after small humans in my household decided only a couple of bites were enough.  I also had a bit of squash getting freezer burned in the door shelf of my freezer.  Waste not, want not, so into a smoothie it all went.

1 (well, mostly 1) banana
1/4 bag of cubed frozen squash
1/2-1 cup of plain yogurt (sorry, I just dumped some in the blender)
1 raw egg
1 serving probiotic
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon maple sugar
cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to taste

Blend well and enjoy!

It was fine for my tastes, but for a family enjoyment, I would recommend a vanilla yogurt instead of plain.

Squash is very high in Vitamin A, and high in Vitamin C.  It also contains Vitamins E, B6, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Thiamin, Niacin, Potassium, Manganese, and Folate.

Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2647/2#ixzz30rqmst58

No comments:

Post a Comment