Consider how the wildflowers grow....Luke 12:27 NIV
Living small in our 880 square foot cottage and micro farming on approximately an acre of land.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Recipe Wednesday: Wheat Based and Grain-Free Pizza Doughs

WHEAT FLOUR PIZZA DOUGH

3 Cups Bread Flour (I use King Arthur)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon local honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
1 cup really warm water

Mix all ingredients into a dough and knead.  I just put them all in my bread machine and let the machine do the work.  Turn into a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled.  On cold days, I grease and warm my crockpot, then turn it off and place the dough inside of that to rise.  The residual heat from the crockpot makes a very nice environment for optimal rising.  
Spread the dough on a greased cookie sheet or preferred pizza platform, and bake at 350 for 5 minutes.  Top with your favorite topping and bake until lightly browned.  I use refined coconut oil to grease the cookie sheet and pizza pan I use for my pizzas.  It really makes for a great finish to the crust.

GRAIN-FREE PIZZA CRUST

I've made this recipe for myself several times and it is a very nice Paleo/GAPS/SCD/Low Carb/Gluten-Free diet recipe.  No, it isn't an exact substitute for the usual pizza crust, but it is a nice, healthful and delicious base for pizza toppings.

ZUCCHINI PATTIES

Shred one medium, tender, young zucchini into a bowl.  Mix in a beaten egg and salt, pepper, garlic powder and italian seasoning to taste.  Add enough almond meal to thicken and be able to work into patties.  Form the patties (they'll be kind of loose, not firm like a hamburger patty) and place in a frying pan with oil hot and ready to cook with.  I use refined coconut oil and butter or olive oil for this recipe.  Brown on each side of patty and place on an oven safe tray or cookie sheet.  Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake in preheated 350 F oven until toppings are cooked to desired tenderness.  




No comments:

Post a Comment